Candle wax can be difficult to remove from floor tiles, especially if you have never done it before. It is easy to make a mess and difficult to remove the wax without damaging the tile. However, several methods can be used to remove candle wax from floor tiles safely.
We will discuss some of the most popular ways of removing candle wax from tiles in this article.
Why Should You Remove Candle Wax?
To begin, let’s discuss why removing candle wax is so essential. Again, failing to remove all of the polish will likely result in a permanent stain on the tile. As soon as you notice the spill, it is best to act quickly and do everything possible to remove it before it has time to dry completely into the surface.
Tips and Tricks on How to Remove Candle Wax from Floor Tiles?
Here are some simple tricks for removing candle wax from floor tiles.
1. Rubbing Alcohol Method
Acetone, a chemical found in nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol, can help remove candle wax from tile.
2. Hot Water and Soap Method
First, wipe the surface clean with a damp cloth to remove excess wax. Then, pour some pure soap flakes onto the affected area and boil water to dissolve the wax completely.
3. Vinegar Method
Pour vinegar on top of the candle wax until all liquid is absorbed. Finally, cover the liquid with an absorbent material to soak up the excess liquid.
4. Use a Hairdryer
You can use a hairdryer to remove wax that has dripped down into the grout between tiles, but be very careful not to burn yourself or damage any of your appliances.
5. Use a Damp Towel
For small, fresh spills of wax on the floor, you can use your fingers or a cloth to collect it in one spot before cleaning. You can also use a moist cloth in the case of this type of spill; however, wiping will not be an option with large spills.
6. Use a Dryer Sheet
Another option for removing candle wax from tiles is to use a dryer sheet. This method works best on fresh spills, but it can also be effective if slightly set up the wax.
7. Use an Ice Cube Tray Method
A typical household item known to remove candle wax stains from tiles is an ice cube tray. These are small, flat-bottom trays with sharp edges to scrape the wax off the floor.
8. Wax Removal Products
There are also products specifically designed to remove candle wax and melted crayons from tile floors.
How to Avoid Candle Wax Staining in The Future?
You can do several things to avoid candle wax stains in the future.
- Do not leave candles unattended.
- Keep candles at least three feet away from anything that can burn or be damaged by heat.
- Do not use candles near anything with a waxy surface, such as furniture, fabrics, etc.
- Place candles in sturdy holders and make sure the holder is one inch larger than the candle in diameter and at least an inch taller than the candle.
- Keep candles away from drafts and air currents to reduce fire risk.
- Never extinguish a candle with water. This could cause severe damage to your floors or carpets.
- Try not to move burning candles; always let them burn out on their own.
- Ensure that the candleholder you are using is fireproof and heat resistant.
- Turn candles off before leaving a room to reduce the risk of accidental fires from someone walking by them or bumping into them as they exit the room.
- Have a lid for your candle holder so that deposits from the burning candles don’t drip onto your surfaces.
We’ve explored how to remove candle wax from floor tiles by providing a list of tips and tricks. We also provided some safety precautions that will help you avoid the risk of damaging your floors or carpets in the future by using these candles. If you have any questions about removing this stubborn liquid from your tile surface, please feel free to contact us for more information on our services.