If you are worried how to clean desk mat?
It’s important to keep your desk mat clean. Desk mats can get dirty and smelly over time, which is why it’s important to know how to clean them. Here are some tips on how to do so.
Cleaning up after yourself will make you feel better and help prevent any diseases that bacteria or germs may cause from spreading around the office. Follow these steps below on how to care for your desk mat properly!
Read this article now and learn about simple ways of cleaning up your workspace!
What is The Impact of a Dirty Desk Mat?
A desk mat is usually made of plastic, rubber, or fabric. If it’s not properly taken care of, you can expect your desk mat to become dirty and smelly over time. A dirty desk mat can lead to many health problems.
Dirty desk mats may also lead to the spread of diseases in an office setting since they can get infected with germs and bacteria. This is why it’s important to know how to care for your desk mat.
Steps on How to Clean Desk Mat
Before you start cleaning your desk mat, it’s important to make sure that the fabric of your desk mat doesn’t react badly with water. So check to see what materials are in your desk mat!
If the material is not rubber or plastic, like some fabrics which can be washed away in water, don’t put it under running water. Instead, spray your desk mat with a mixture of water and vinegar or simply warm water. After which, wipe dry immediately!
Rubber and plastic materials just need a little soap and water to be cleaned. Just scrub using a brush until the dirt is gone!
However, if you think you have made your desk mat too wet after cleaning it, leave it dry by itself. Now, If you would like to know how to clean a desk mat, follow these steps:
1. Spot Clean the Desk Mat at First
Before you start cleaning your desk mat, it’s important to spot-check for any stains or dirt. These areas may include places where pencils and pens often fall like the edges and corners of your desk mat. This is also a great time to address any spots that may be smelly.
2. Use a Vacuum to Remove Dirt and Dust
You can also use a simple hand-held vacuum to get rid of the dirt and dust particles that may have settled inside your desk mat! It’s one of the most efficient ways on how to clean a desk mat quickly at home! Just make sure to never wet-vac anything such as water and you’ll be good to go!
3. Use a Brush to Get Rid of Dirt and Stains
If your desk mat is badly stained, it’s best to use a soft brush with bristles that are not too stiff. This will help you scrub off any dirt or stains on your desk mat without worrying about ruining the fabric at all.
4. Clean the Edges and Corners
Be sure to clean your desk mat from all angles as it can get dirty from plenty of use. This includes the edges and corners where pencils usually fall! Use a brush to help you remove dirt stuck in those areas.
5. Reassemble your Desk Mat after it has dried
Your desk mat needs to dry completely before you put it back on your desk, as wet surfaces may easily break! Just set it vertically and make sure that there’s a gap between the floor and the bottom part of your desk mat.
Tips For Keeping Your Desk Mat Clean and Tidy
Cleaning your desk mat regularly should not be a big problem. However, there are also some simple steps that you can take to help prevent it from getting dirty or smelly in the first place!
- Place your computer monitor on top of your desk mat while using it. This way, crumbs, and dirt will never fall between your keyboard and the desk mat.
- Place two pieces of fabric softener sheets at the bottom of your desk mat’s drawers. These help to absorb moisture so that your desk mat will never smell bad!
- Make sure you wipe off dirt on pens, pencils, and other things that may fall on your desk mat. This can prevent dirt from getting stuck on its edges and corners!
- Place sticky notes to remind you to clean your desk mat every once in a while. This will help you remember to check for stains, dirt, and other signs of wear!
- Store your desk mat the right way by rolling it up or by folding it in a drawer when you’re not using it! This way, the fabric of your desk mat will never get wrinkled, and its edges won’t get dirt stuck on them either.
Desk mats can get pretty dirty, but you can clean them in no time with these easy steps!
Plus, by following some simple prevention tips, you can keep your desk mat looking and smelling fresh all the time. We hope that this article has helped you learn more about how to clean a desk mat and what to do to prevent it from getting too dirty in the first place. Thanks for reading!